Fire Alarm Systems
CCI’s registered Fire Protection Engineers and NICET certified professionals provide specialized and expertise driven fire alarm systems design, analysis, and consultation services. As members of NFPA 72 Technical Committees, we are integral in the development of the design requirements for fire detection, signaling, and emergency communications systems. For more than 35 years, CCI staff have provided expert design, analysis, and consultation in fire alarm system services for thousands of successful projects.
CCI’s extensive expertise and significant experience in providing complete design, scope documents, and construction specifications enhances our ability to deliver design, consultation, and construction phase services for design-bid-build, design-build, and owner directed projects.
- Customized design approaches: complete design, scope design, performance specifications
- Preparation of design documents and consultation for:
- Fire Alarm
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detection
- Mass Notification Systems (MNS)
- Elevator Occupant Evacuation Operations (OEO)
- Equivalency and alternate method development
- Design in BIM model (Revit MEP) or AutoCAD
- Due diligence surveys and system assessments
- Field observations, inspections, acceptance testing
- Complete device and notification appliance layout
- Circuit design and routing, including wiring methods and interface functions
- Control-by-event programming matrix
- Voltage-drop and battery calculations
- EASE Modeling (EVACS)
- Reviews: Third-party plans, bids, shop drawings
- Construction phase services
- Commissioning and witness acceptance testing
- Legal and expert witness for architects, developers, and owners
The CCI Advantage
Codes and Standards compliance.
Solutions to design challenges, including equivalency and alternate method development.
Conscientious consideration of design aesthetics.
Comprehensive coordination with other disciplines.
Lower overall system costs and reduced life cycle costs.
Credibility with the AHJ due to our expertise and experience.
Comprehensive design packages for bidding and construction.
Improved system functionality resulting from integrated building functions.
Professional supervision of installation.
Oversight to provide assurance that project goals are attained.