High-Piled Storage Analysis & Plans
CCI's licensed Fire Protection Engineers provide High-Piled Storage (HPS) analysis and develop detailed code compliant HPS plans. This service, together with coordinated fire sprinkler design and fire modeling, can reduce construction costs while maintaining life safety.
CCI works with clients to understand their retailing, materials handling, and storage needs, and provides options for commodity arrangements, smoke and heat vents, draft curtains, fire department access doors, travel distances to exits, and fire sprinkler system design. Our specialized engineering expertise enables CCI to evaluate the array of commodities and appropriately classify them in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Classification of commodities
- Hazardous materials analysis
- High-Piled Storage (HPS) Plans preparation including:
- Fixtures or palletized storage arrangements
- Aisle locations and widths
- High-piled area calculations
- Fire Department access door locations
- Smoke and heat removal methods
- Fire suppression systems design or consultation
- Third-party peer reviews
- Alternate Means and Methods Request (AMMR) development
The CCI Advantage
Identification of building and fire codes and standards requirements for high-piled storage facilities.
Comprehensible comparative options permitted under the codes and standards, with recommendations.
Clear definition and delineation of the commodity classification of all products.
Detailed documentation for Authorities Having Jurisdiction submissions to gain approvals and permits.
Extensive familiarity with a wide variety of complex storage arrangements and key fixture components.